Jan 12, 2009

Whites

I drank white tonight because I felt like poo today. I didn't have the internal fortitude for red, though Veritas has Inwood Estates Cornelius 100% Tempranillo on the BTG menu. It is SO good. I will have it next time. I have only had it at tastings twice, so I am interested to drink a full glass.
2006 Santos Beck Chardonnay-Viognier blend - This wine is very light. You could drink a bottle on the patio. I always think it is hard to find a wine that is good with salad, but this would fit the bill with most, I think. It seems like a summer wine, but would be a good pre-dinner wine, especially if you aren't sure of your guests tastes (or if there is something wrong with you and you don't want to serve bubbly).
Tonight I also tried a Roussanne for the first time. It was a new grape for me. It was interesting. It provided a full, thick mouth on the outset, but had a very acidic finish. I don't know the winemaker or what it was blended with (if anything). As Brooks said, "Needs food." I wouldn't want to sit around and drink a bottle, but it could be enjoyable with the right meal. I am not sure what that meal would be, however.
Also had another glass of the St. Supery SB. Liked it even better this time.

2 comments:

  1. I keep adding your recommendations to my list o' Wines to Try. I saw in the DMN that Times Ten had a shindig yesterday. Did you go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. I didn't know about it. I actually haven't been there in a while, but plan to go Sunday.

    ReplyDelete