Jun 12, 2010

recent bubble tastes

recent bubble tastes
2007 Cuvee Francoise Blanquette de Limoux - super dry, tastes like Champagne, retails for about $12 a bottle. I had it at a restaurant in Washington, so I don't know where it can be found retail, but it's worth looking for.
Sorelle Bronca Brut - NV Prosecco, not very interesting
Castell de Vilarnau Cava Brut - NV. Yeasty nose, a little fruit, but dry. Nice, but as Cavas go, it can't top the de Marques Gelida Brut, which is now available at Veritas. Yippee!
Pacific Rim White Flowers Brut - when in Washington you gotta try the local stuff. This is from the Yakima Valley. It's 100% Riesling. It's weird. (how's that for a fancy wine descriptor?) I finally get the petrol thing, but with bubbles, when tasting this Riesling. The barkeep said it had a musty nose. I didn't really get that. They do Riesling well in Washington, but this wasn't my fave.

No comments:

Post a Comment