Nov 21, 2009

Veritas Supper Club

Earlier this week, the first ever Veritas Supper Club was held. I enjoyed it so much. Chef Randall Copeland of Restaurant Ava in Rockwall prepared the food at Veritas. Since Veritas does not have a kitchen, he prepared all of it on portable burners. And the food was amazing. Veritas offered by the glass and bottle discounts for the event. I opted for BTG. I am not sure I have the menu exactly right, but it's pretty close. I could go on and on about each course, but let me just say that every single bite of everything was lick-your-plate delicious - so much so that I am going out to Rockwall for dinner Tuesday night. (And I rarely break the 635 bubble.)
First Course
Granny Smith apple and Prairie Breeze white cheddar fritter with Tassione Farms mixed greens, apple fennel salad and house made apple butter. Bradley recommended the Kung Fu Girl Riesling, which was a good match.
Second Course
Scallop with malted butternut squash, lardons, mushrooms - I think there was some black truffle and some brussels sprouts leaves going on here too. I can't eat scallops, so Chef made me a plate with all the other stuff and it was great. I paired my standby Louis Perdrier Brut.
Third Course
Pan seared beef tenderloin that was unbelievably tender. I cannot believe I can recall the sauce. I had a French red with the beef.
Fourth Course
Lemon Honey Cake with berries and ginger ice cream, paired with a tawny port. I think it was Taylor Fladgate 10 year old. (If I am going to start blogging again, I guess I need to pay better attention.)
It was really, ridiculously good. I am so glad to have attended the inaugural event and look forward to future ones. I also highly recommend Chef Copeland's food. I look forward to checking it out at Restaurant Ava.

No comments:

Post a Comment