Oct 14, 2008

An awful thing

I hesitated about a week before writing this bit. At first I thought there had to be some mistake, or maybe it would work out. But it is true and sickening. Last week my brother's business partners told him they were "eliminating" his position and buying him out. They basically took away his restaurant. He is not getting entirely screwed financially, but he is in every other way. These jackasses basically got him to relocate, design a menu, hire and train a kitchen staff and get them good reviews from all the state-wide press and then they sucker punched him.
I hate them.
They cannot maintain what he created. My prediction is that Salut! will be gone in nine months. I hope they fail miserably and expensively - especially since they did it so the rest of them could make more money.
Don't eat at Salut! in Little Rock because the people who own it are rotten. And they don't have a chef.
(My brother will probably get mad at me if he reads this post, but I doubt he has ever looked at this blog. But if tells me to take it down, I will.)

2 comments:

  1. Un-freaking-believable. That is truly one of the most disgusting things I've ever heard. I'm sure your brother will bounce back, as he seems truly talented, but I wish he didn't have to go through this. A pox on his nasty ex-partners! They almost certainly will fail.

    ReplyDelete