Oct 18, 2008

Taco Joint

Stop by this place for some quick yummy chow in Old East Dallas. I am taking a break from the Little Rock hospital scene this weekend on the advice of my aunt and brother who are there. It was a good call to stay in Dallas and get some rest. I have had a great day. I went to the gym about 7 a.m. (seriously). Then treated myself to a Migas Plate at Taco Joint. Taco Joint is on Peak, just off Gaston. I have seen it when driving to work each day. Then I saw the Back Talk East Dallas post. So I wanted to try it.
Good and cheap - what a combo. First, I love that it is in East Dallas. Second, I really like it inside. The chairs and bar stools are chrome with bright, glitter-infused vinyl seats and backs - four different colors at each table. Other than that, the decor is sparse. Black and white pics of family and friends line the top of the front wall. A board on the back wall gives you the menu. And gosh, these people are nice. What better way to build a loyal clientele that to be super nice and get to know your customers? Serve great food, you say? Check. My migas plate - migas, good beans and good potatoes - was plentiful and yummy for $5. (I think my days of craving the more expensive vegetarian tacos at Cafe Brazil are over.) There is a great assortment of combos available for your breakfast tacos. There is a salsa bar with green and red as well as jalapeno ranch. And the music was perfect - Stevie Ray followed by Talking Heads - that's very good stuff. The owner even brought be a newspaper to read. I will definitely be back. Gotta try the lunch menu.
Obviously, The Observer likes it too.
I did a lot of other good stuff too - pedicure, Hallmark, grocery shopping, cooking. A good day. And tonight CB and I dine at Soley! Details to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment