Dec 4, 2008

Miscellaneous

I was wrong. I thought all California sauvignon blancs were soft. But last night I tasted the 2007 St. Supery SB. It has all the zest and tang I like in New Zealand SBs. I still think Kim Crawford makes my favorite SB, and it is a bargain.

I stopped by a holiday party last night at the newly refurbished Stoneleigh Hotel. The hotel looks great. The terrace was lovely. I didn't like the food. But it was a very nice party.

D Magazine's Best Restaurant issue is out. There are a number of places in there on my "want to go there" list. Among them are York Street (I am embarrassed I've never been there), Lola, and Tillman's Roadhouse. Hattie's isn't on there, but it is still on my list, at least for lunch.

Why do I have such an urge to bake cookies around Christmastime?

1 comment:

  1. I'm from St. Supery and am very pleased to read about your experience with our Sauv Blanc - also agree that Kim Crawford is very good. Come visit us in Napa Valley! - Lesley, VP at St. Supery - lesley@stsupery.com

    ReplyDelete