Dec 7, 2008

Your Sitcom

We used to do this fun thing at my last job when we weren't busy (and occasionally when we were). We would cast the sitcom of our office. Some folks were easier than others. TL was Marilu Henner - no question - sexy, sassy, sweet redhead. BM thought he was Jerry Seinfeld; I thought he was Tony Danza. The best we came up with for me was Janeane Garofalo. I would like to think I have brightened up a bit since then. Looks and personality are factors.
It's really fun. You would be surprised how long it can keep you entertained. Even if you don't work with a lot of people, you can cast the folks who come into your work circle. It's a great time waster.
I think I will start working on casting my current office. Again, some folks are easy. Reese Witherspoon (in Elle mode) plays ML. But she could also play PW - conservative and sweet in a perfect suit. Some aren't as easy.
Does anybody remember when Jamie Foxx did Wanda on In Living Color? If you do, and you work with me, you should be able to cast the appropriate role. :)
Hee hee. Just what we needed... another distraction.

4 comments:

  1. How fun! Of course, you know I totally approve of RW/EW playing the role of me! I don't know the Jamie Foxx reference, so that's going to drive me insane! I think Charlize Theron could play PW, and maybe Christina Ricci could play AH. OHHHH, I've always though JM looks like John McEnroe - maybe McEnroe could start doing more acting. Billy Zane plays CM. That's all I've got for now. Fun distraction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Billy Zane! I couldn't think of that guy's name, but that is def CM. Winona Rider (sp?) also could be AH. Jennifer Hudson could be BW, singing in her office.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you think of someone crazy, fat, or bitchy to be me, keep it a secret :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. JG - I was thinking creative with big ta-tas.

    ReplyDelete