Sep 14, 2008

Random Notes

Bogle Phantom - Wow. What a nose! Chocolate with something sweeter... caramel? overripe or candied cherries? The main taste I get is cloves. Really different.

Grimaldi's Pizza - yummy. I have never gotten fresh ricotta on a pizza before. It was absolutely delish with kalamatas and sundried tomatoes. Without the kalamatas, it would have been downright sweet. Pizza should never have thick crust.

Sexto - A six grape Spanish wine. Highest percentage is Garnacha at 33%. There are some grapes I have never heard of in this one. Decant or give it some time to open up in the glass. My last sip was very different from my first. Only $15 at Veritas and available there by the glass right now, though their btg offerings change frequently.

1 comment:

  1. I love me some Bogle. It's good and reasonably priced. I've tried several varietals they make but not the Phantom. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete