Sep 12, 2008

Trece and Ari's revisited

Tonight I made my third visit to Ari's Wine Bistro following my second dinner at Trece. I enjoyed both very much. Trece has the best guacamole ever made. Really. I usually don't have any interest in guacamole. At Trece, they make the guac at your table. I know that table-made guac is a gimmick used as far down the totem pole of dining as On the Border. But at Trece it is fabulous. They adjust the heat to your taste and it is fresh and chunky and yummy. I did not get the tortilla soup, but a few folks at our table of eight did. It looked wonderful. The soup was nicely presented. A bowl of "solids" was placed in front of the diner then a tomato-chicken broth was poured over the top. I chose the vegetarian chile relleno. It was a yummy blob with goat cheese, pecans and other stuff in a tender pepper on a tomato based sauce. It was comfort food for sure, yet not too heavy. The service this time at Trece was better than my prior visit. My mind was changed about this place. I also like the wine list at Trece. There is a good selection of varietals. They also have lots of froufy drinks - blueberry mojitos and such. Froufy drinks aren't my thing. As I have said here before - beer, wine and Crown Royal.
After dinner, we walked across the street to Ari's Wine Bistro. They had a good band on the terrace that drew us in. The handsome man who I presume to be the owner gave us a brief lesson on white Burgundy. He is such a nice guy. The other ladies had a bottle of said Burgundy. I had a glass of Trocadero NV Brut which was dry and nice. Not amazing, but definitely nice for $22 a bottle at the restaurant.
The remaining four ladies were in for shenanigans tonight if they can find any. I retired to the house and am soon to be in bed. Hasta luego.

No comments:

Post a Comment